Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Jack has kept us all very busy lately, and he doesn’t slow down for anything. Joe and I have both been sick, but Mr. Friendly is still up bright and early every day, raring to go. One morning he got up around five and I asked him why he was getting up so early. “Not sleepy” was his answer. So there you have it.

I’ll start with the Halloween shots and work backwards, since I know his fans are dying to see the little lion. Unfortunately he wasn’t a huge fan of the costume and tried to get me to take it off several times. I was lucky enough to get a few pictures before changing to pjs.

This pretty much sums up how he felt about the headdress:


























I was able to get one photo of him wearing the hat:


















But mostly he just did this:


















We went outside to admire the pumpkins and see what the neighbors were up to, and here you can see where the hat ended up:















Now I’ll back up to pumpkin carving the previous evening. Joe gave Jack a crayon and some direction as to where to put the eyes, nose and mouth, and this is the drawing Jack created:
















Joe helped a little by connecting some of the dots, but for the most part it was Jack’s. He was quite proud:

















Then he went to work coloring his little brother’s pumpkin. Since he is still camping out inside and we can’t yet see his face, his pumpkin will remain uncarved:















After the drawing was complete, Joe performed the necessary surgery:















Jack was impressed with the results:




















I think he was trying to mimic the expression of his newly carved Jack O’lantern:
















After his bath, we set up the Jack O’lanterns outside. He was particularly interested in the candle placement:















And he wanted to open the lids and pronounce each one “HOT” before replacing the lid:












And of course, the now-traditional, Halloween Eve, pose on the front porch in your pjs shot:



















Prior to the festivities, Jack and I had a battle regarding crayon on the door frame. I say “Crayon is only for the paper”, he repeats “Paper”, yet the minute my back is turned, there he goes coloring the door. Thank you Crayola for developing washable crayons. I gave him a wash cloth to clean up the mess, but I’m afraid it was more fun than I expected. I think he’s now motivated to color on the wall so he can then clean it up.





























Certainly doesn’t look like punishment, does it?

My mom and I spent the day getting the nursery ready, and Jack found the perfect place to have a snack:
















Nevermind that I can’t get him to sit still in a high chair for all the tea in China. I suppose if I put the high chair in a closet I would have better luck.

And just to sign off, here is a video of our little gem and his ability to change moods in an instant.



I hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween!

Comments:
I cannot wait until your family is out of quarantine so we can visit.

: )
 
did you make the costume? it is absolutely adorable! i had never even thought of a "lion" .. how cute!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?