Monday, October 09, 2006

Ok ok ok

More than one person has mentioned a level of disappointment in the infrequency of the Jack blog. I will admit it has gotten significantly more difficult to keep up-to-date. Joe suggested that I just post pictures without text, because that would be quicker. But honestly the writing part doesn’t take all that much time, and for me it is the way I can go back and look at what was going on at a particular time. Although I keep this blog updated so people can see what the little guy is up to, I also keep it as my own personal record of what is happening. So for now, there will still be words along with my photos.

As promised, here are some pictures of a recent visit to the zoo:













































































These were taken on the 23rd of September and we have been back to the zoo twice since then. We will be going again tomorrow. Jack has become obsessed with the zoo and the animals that live there. The giraffe and the rhino seem to be on top of the list of names he likes to say repeatedly. He still doesn’t speak in sentences, but when he says “Nine-oh” to a stranger I think he really means “Hey dude, I saw a cool rhino at the zoo the other day. You should check it out.”

We have also spent quite a bit of time outdoors playing in various water features around the valley. This one in Tempe is unfortunately now closed for the “winter”. Someone forgot to tell them that it is still pushing the 90s here.






























Of course, Jack had to take a break for a small snack. Running around in the sun can be tiring:


















Recently Jack has spent quite a bit of time visiting my parents. My dad’s camera is much fancier than mine, and I feel like his pictures always come out better. Here is Jack hanging out on the back patio:



























They are teaching him how to blow out candles so he will be ready for his birthday party.























































On another visit he was indulged with blackberries.



























And, of course, required a good cleaning afterwards:














This is a favorite of mine. Jack is obsessed with hammering, and my dad owns 14 hammers. Here he gave one to Jack along with a piece of wood.














Is he angry? Is he yelling? Nope. He’s just about to sneeze.

The next batch of pictures is already uploaded, so my next post should be forthcoming more quickly.

On the new baby front, I am in my final trimester. Only 67 days left until Mr. Yet-to-be-named arrives in the outside world. (In case you don’t want to do the math, that’s December 15th.) The crib is still in pieces, the dresser has not been organized, and our new house still looks like we moved in yesterday. Hopefully we will get our act together in the next month or so!

Comments:
You saying "hey dude" = me saying "sorry man".
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?