Friday, August 18, 2006

Happy Happy

Happy Jack


One of the big verbal milestones for babies is the ability to say two syllable words. Up until now, Jack has been shortening most words to whatever syllable makes the most sense to him. Cookie is "key", sausage is "saus", water is "wa", Sesame Street is merely "steet".

Tonight when we were getting out of the car after dinner, Joe asked Jack if he was happy. Jack started saying "Happy, happy, happy". We captured the above clip to show his incredible new talent. If you listen carefully at the beginning, you can also hear Elmo in the background.

We are moving into the new house next week and Jack is getting a bed. No more crib for this grown-up boy. I'll take pictures of him sleeping in it as soon as it happens. I'm going to put my money on him falling asleep on the floor next to the gate that will trap him in his room, but we'll see.

Comments:
TOTALLY CUTE!!!! Thanks for blogging - I was getting worried about you!

Oh and I am glad that he can say "street" for Sesame Street... when I was a kid I called it "Da Da" because the opening song sounded like "da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da" - hum a few bars... you get the idea! :-) But "street" sounds much better!

Good luck with the move and continue to keep us posted!
 
I could eat him. But I won't. He's adorable!! And I suspect Brogan will sleep by the gate too once we make that move. ;)
 
You'd better make that gate tall and razor-wired, because it sounds like Pleutim is going to try and eat your son.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?