Friday, July 21, 2006

Do you want a baby brother?

The big news of the day – we're having another boy! I am so excited about being the mom to two boys two years apart. It's funny how the baby doesn't seem very real to me until I know the sex – I was the same way with Jack. Now I feel like we really are having another baby, and he will be here in five short months. (Funny how the time goes more quickly the second time around.)

And now on to reporting about our current boy, Mr. Jack. Out here in Arizona we have fountains for kids to play in at the outdoor malls. I think it's the only way to get people to actually go outside when it's 110 degrees. Jack is suddenly a huge fan of water in all forms, and here you can see him cavorting in a fountain at Desert Ridge:



































































































There are more pictures of the day at the fountain, and you can always go to our photo album to see them. Click here.

Jack is also learning a lot of new words. Lately he has been saying "HAT" a lot, and pointing to his head. I found this hat (size 2-4 years, barely fits him), and he marched around the housing saying hat hat hat hat hat:
















He also wore a hat the other day at Artville:















Although it didn't march as well, so he had to take it off:















He's also spent some time looking out the front window lately. We've kept the curtains up since our house is on the market, and he keeps running over, begging to be picked up to look out.















I took him to the office the other day, where he was busily doing something with a set of desk keys:















Whatever it was, he was clearly successful. And pleased.















And lastly, my parents got Jack a new tricycle. He tried to make it work:















But he had a little trouble steering and ran into the wall.















It's hard to believe how big he's getting. I just had to get rid of all of his 12 month shirts because his belly was hanging out, and we had to buy some new shoes because the size fives were pinching his feet. He's going to be two before we know it!

Comments:
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! Two boys!! Oh how cool! And ours will only be a month or two apart - totally cool! Congrats and thanks for posting - I've been worried about ya! I assume all the testing came out ok! You're in my thoughts! Keep us posted!

-AL
 
Jesus heard my prayers and made it a boy! I think I promised lifelong Catholicism in exchange; I'll have to check my notes.
 
awesome news!! congratulations to all of you :)
 
I can't believe your house is so empty and yet you have proof.

: )
 
Congrats, Brooke! That is great news. No doubt he, Jack, Mac, and Caden will have all sorts of fun. -Meghan
 
Yay! Congrats on another boy. We can't wait to hear the name.
xoxo, Amanda, Edward and Mia
 
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

i'm so happy for you and your family .... it will get great following along with the blog for both of them.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?