Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Don't Drink the Water

Last night and one other night this week, Jack couldn’t fall asleep because his stomach hurt. I’m only guessing this is the case, because he can’t talk and the only sign language he does is “eat”. He uses this sign for everything from “turn on the tv” to “open that door” to “I have a stomach ache”. Needless to say I am constantly trying to guess what he needs.

I think I figured out that the stomach ache is coming from drinking soapy bath water. Yuck, I know. I was discussing this dilemma with Joe last night and trying to figure out what I should do. Stop putting bubbles in his bath? Give him a sippy cup to drink while in the tub. Ever the smarty pants of the family, Joe suggested that I take out all the toys he can drink from – bowls, cups and Tupperware.

Duh.

Yes, I am responsible for the health and safety of an almost-one-and-a-half-year-old. One would hope I could figure out how to keep him from drinking the bath water.

I do have an excuse, however. I have it on good authority that there just might be another baby on the way for Jack to terrorize. If my last pregnancy is any indication I will not be able to string complex thoughts together for quite some time. Unfortunately this condition doesn’t dissipate with the birth of a new baby – a significant lack of sleep is just around the corner.

And with that big news out of the way, I have some photos to share.

Jack running around the children’s garden at the library:











































And Jack’s visit to Grandma and Grandpa’s house this past weekend:


































This last one is by far my favorite. My little couch potato:









Eventually the blog will have to move, but we’ll get to that after we know what kind of baby it is. I’m pretty confident it’s a girl but that remains to be seen.


Comments:
Congrats, Brooke! When are you due?? - Meghan
 
We are so excited for you! Congratulations!
 
Congratulations from a covert reader!
 
Thanks everyone - I'm due December 30th I think. I haven't been to the dr to verify, but that's my best guess.
 
How very exciting! Well done!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?