Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Brought to you by the letter T

T is for Tantrum
or Terrifically loud
Throwing yourself on the floor
in a crowd.

Jack has learned the letter T. And boy did he learn it well.

His first tantrum was on Sunday at home (thankfully). It was nothing like I’ve ever seen before – he screamed, he threw himself on the floor, he kicked his feet, flipped over, wailed. His face was bright red and he could barely breathe.

Then yesterday in Toys R Us, he wasn’t ready to stop playing in this house:















(Please notice the new Converse Hightops. I couldn’t resist buying them.)

He was happily going in and out the door:















Having a grand time practicing his walking:















And just generally having fun:















When I told him it was time to go, this is what he did:


























And then he scooted away from me. I had to retrieve him from inside the house. He was not pleased.

Of course, the item I was buying (a sand and water table, not the house in the picture), had to be brought up from the back. So Jack and I stood at the front waiting, and he proceeded to have his second temper tantrum right there in front of everyone.

There are various theories about what you are supposed to do with a tantruming child. I haven’t had time to brush up on my parenting books lately, so I just guessed. Basically I let him lie there and scream. And every time he got near my I told him he was going to be okay. That’s about the extent of it.

When he finally calmed down and we were getting ready to leave, a nice old man said to me “Wow, he really has some healthy lungs.”

Indeed he does.

Comments:
What in God's great globe is a "sand and water table"? Wasn't that the problem down there in New Orleans?

I notice with some measure of wistfulness that young Jack and I seem to be trading hairlines, he's like a hair vampire. The less I have the more he grows. I think I shall thrown a tantrum.
 
I'll have a talk with him and see what I can do. ; )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?