Sunday, February 12, 2006

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Yesterday afternoon, Jack was whisked away by my mother in the middle of the afternoon. She took him overnight just for the fun of it and I think everyone benefited. Jack was treated like a little king, Joe and I got a small break from the constant energy required to raise a toddfant, and my parents got to see how much fun a 14 month old can be as long as he is leaving 24 hours later.

Jack was as busy as ever. My dad was trying to send me the following pictures and he remarked "I just sat down and he was already down the hall!" Yes. I am familiar with this small challenge. I can only imagine what it will be like when he actually can walk.

One of his favorite activities at their house is turning the water on in the bathtub.















and he will even stand up on his little toes to try and reach the stream of water.


























He also likes to sit on the bathroom counter.


























He had a wonderful time and when I arrived back to pick him up, he looked at me like "oh, you?" He wasn't even really that interested in seeing me, and I think he would have been just as happy to stay.

One thing that struck me this week is how much Jack will mimic what we are doing. Waving is the main example, but he also will start rubbing his hands together when I am putting Purell on my hands after changing his diaper, and the most recent copycat behavior is to act like he's carrying a purse. He's started picking up anything with a handle, putting it over his arm, and waving at me as if he were going to run errands. See for yourself:
















He even went over by the door, ready to leave:


















We don't have many plans this week, but we may start a new Mommy and Me Yoga class on Friday. Other than that it's just a typical week – Baby Time at the library, playgroup, and a little Sesame Street thrown in for good measure. I've started practicing the letter of the day with him and I swear he's starting to figure them out. Oh, and Friday we're going to visit Elissa and her baby Jake, who just turned 6 months if you can believe it!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?