Friday, January 20, 2006

Oh, What a Week

The week started off just fine and dandy. Grandpa Tom was running in the Rock and Roll Half Marathon, so Grandma Gloria came to collect Jack Sunday morning to go and cheer him on. Joe and I had the day to relax and hang out, and since our nanny has been getting married and honeymooning for the past 3 weeks (congratulations Jenna!), it was a welcome break.

Monday dawned a new day, and I had the makings of a migraine. By Tuesday it was in full swing, sapping every ounce of energy I had. Jack is mostly down to one nap now, and it was all I could do to keep my eyes open until he went down at one o’clock each day.

Then with Wednesday, Jack started to cough. All night long I could hear him hacking away in the next room. I hardly slept a wink, and he didn’t look so rested in the morning either. I made a doctor’s appointment and we headed off for a marathon trip to germ central. I need to invest in a stethoscope and that little ear thing so I can just check him out myself. I swear I could see the flu virus floating in the air with all those kids snuffling around the office.

The doctor, with a raised eyebrow to me, pronounced “I think he has a chest cold.” He recommended a 12 hour cough syrup, gave Jack his second flu shot, and sent us on our merry way. In the lobby I met a woman with nine children, three of whom were sick, crying and in their pajamas. It made me weak just to think about her.

Today was a better day all around. My head is better, Jack’s cough has slowed slightly, and the weekend is here. Jenna is back on Tuesday so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Now that I’m done whining, here are some pictures I’ve managed to squeeze in between all our time lying about and feeling sorry for ourselves.

Jack loves books. I keep a few in his crib so he has something to read in the morning before I drag myself out of bed to get him. We keep one in the car for him to read while I cart him around from place to place. Here he is, reciting the ever-so-popular “Good Night Gorilla”:
















It makes me laugh because he will sit back there, open the book up and start babbling away as if he is reading.

Another fun pastime is emptying the spice rack:






























and visiting non-kid-friendly restaurants. This one is called Camus, they don’t have highchairs, and the tables are made of glass.



















He got a new booster seat at Grandma Sandee’s house, and he absolutely loved it. (He absolutely loves anything new. He is a true American Consumer.)















And then, of course, his bath. These may be the last photos of our little blue tub though. Tonight Jack crawled out into the big tub and I filled it up with water. After he slipped around a bit he got the hang of it, and I think he’ll be bathing in the big boy tub from now on.














































And of course he loves the shark towel:















Sorry it’s been so long since my last post. As you can see it’s been a tough week out here, but I think we’re all back to normal now!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?