Saturday, November 26, 2005

Jack's Birthday Party

To see all the pictures from Jack's party, click here. There are so many it is impossible for me to add them all to the blog. I have selected a few choice shots, however.

We had the party at a local restaurant called Duck and Decanter. It's an old Phoenix establishment and one of my favorite places to eat. We reserved the patio and ordered up some sandwiches and we were set. Apparently I didn't get the memo that I was supposed to have a theme, so his party was just "Jack is One". My mom did buy Elmo tablecloths, napkins, hats, plates, noisemakers, and cake decorations. So maybe the theme was Elmo. Which is fitting, because he loves that annoying little red monster.

The cake was quite a hit with my little angel. He doesn't eat much sugar, so I think he was surprised to have an entire Jack-sized cake plopped down in front of him.
















But his eyes are closed, so maybe he's just savoring the sweetness? I gave him a little encouragement:















And he was off:















































Needless to say, he loved the cake and made a fine mess of himself. We got him cleaned up enough to open gifts and he was overwhelmed by the generosity of his friends and family.















Here you can see how dirty he still is from cake-eating:














And how much he liked playing with his new toys:















It was a great day, and Jack was wound tight as a spring when we got home. He could not settle down for one second – it was like he was on drugs or something. He never took an afternoon nap and finally crashed at 6:15. No more sugar for him for another year!

Comments:
Happy Birthday, Jack! And Brooke, you look great!!
 
Oh How wonderful! I am so sorry we missed him diving into his cake. Your pictures are great. Happy Birthday Jack!! (And Happy Birthday Mom.)
 
Sorry I couldn't make it to Elmopalooza 2005. Looks like a good time was had by all, especially the budding sugar junkie.

Happy B-Day, Jackson.

I think next year's theme should be "Enchantment Under the Sea".
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?