Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Jack Using a Spoon, sort-of

I was having some camera/computer problems over the past few days, but I finally got it working this morning. Of course there were tons of pictures in the camera, so I'll space them out over the next few days. Otherwise this post will be a million pages long.

One of the books I read suggested that in order to get Jack ready for eating with a spoon I should give him a bowl and spoon and see what he does. These aren't even all the pictures I took, but these came out the best.

spoon 2

It seems like he understands the concepts of the spoon, but he can't quite get it all together.

spoon 3

spoon 4

spoon 5

spoon 6

spoon 7

Inevitably, he tips the bowl over and then puts his entire hand inside to get the cereal out.

spoon 9

spoon 10

spoon 12

And lastly, this is what it looks like in the end:

spoon 13

Luckily his bath was right after the meal, so I scrubbed him down good as new. I am constantly amazed that some women are able to keep their babies clean all the time. I should ask them what they feed their kids – it must be clear noodles or something. Jack is always a mess. No matter what time of day it is I can almost guarantee I can find food on his body somewhere. I'm not too worried about it though – he seems to be surviving even with a slight yam coating every now and again.

Comments:
Funny, this is exactly what happens when I try to use chopsticks.
 
I'm with P on the chopstick thing. I eat my sushi with my hands, like a barbarian.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?