Thursday, September 08, 2005

We're Still Here!

No, we have not been kidnapped by the new nanny. Jack and I are still here, although he is testing my ability to remain sane and calm every single second of the day. For some reason, starting last Saturday, he entered a new phase we will call “I AM NOT GOING TO SLEEP EASILY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, DARN IT.”

He is still sleeping through the night, but getting him down has become a struggle of epic proportions. And it’s not just at night, both naps are now at risk due to his complete inability to settle down.

Supposedly this is a phase, and we had all better hope so.

The only pictures I have to share are from last Saturday. To begin with, Jack went over to Great Grandpa Joe’s house to learn how to make the family salsa. Here are the boys working on the chilis.

PDR_0452

After that, he came home to watch the season opener of Notre Dame football with his good friend Travis Cooley. In this picture Jack is hoping Travis will be nice enough to hand him that Guiness sitting on the table:

game 2

and when he is refused, well, you can see how he feels about that:

game 1

The new nanny is actually working out wonderfully. I’m going to start calling her the baby whisperer because she is so incredible with Jack. He’s not fussy with her, he goes to sleep when he’s supposed to, and he eats all of his squash. She’s definitely a keeper.

I promise more pictures – tomorrow we’re going yarn shopping (yay!) and Saturday he’s visiting with his Grandma Gloria and Grandpa Tom. They are always good with the camera so I’m sure we’ll have something to show for the weekend.

Comments:
Incidentally, I eat all my squash, and I sleep when I'm supposed to. Why does Jack have to be such a baby?

I think you should post pictures of the new nanny, with or without her permission. Is she hot?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?