Thursday, September 01, 2005

Lunch with Jake

Today we had lunch with Elissa and Baby Jake, who will be six weeks old on Sunday. Time flies, doesn’t it? Jake is as cute as ever, and of course slept through our entire meal:

jake asleep

Now, I certainly don’t look back on the newborn stage very fondly. Elissa only slept for 2 hours last night, and that is not something I miss. But it was nice to take a baby out in public and have him just sit there.

To contrast, here is what our little Jack was doing during lunch. Feeding himself banana and peach:

feeding

Flirting with Elissa (even with green bean on his nose, he’s still a charmer):

food face 2

Waiting patiently for me to take a bite of my sandwich so he could have more peaches:

big eyes

And, once again, posing for Elissa:

food face

I should have taken a picture of her, because of course she looks fantastic. She’s already like an old pro with the little guy – taking him all over town, changing diapers in public restrooms, balancing his little car carrier on high chairs. Such fun!

Tomorrow we have our first official babysitter coming over. Jack has never stayed with someone other than a family member so I’m curious to see how it goes.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes, he is still sleeping through the night. From six p.m. to six a.m. without fail. I am still waking up every night at three of course, but I still got 7 1/2 hours of sleep last night. It's like Christmas.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?