Monday, August 29, 2005

Jack Can Read Already

Dr. Weisbluth says that at 9 months a baby will not get up to eat in the night and will start to take longer naps in the day. I swear, Jack must have gotten ahold of the book and realized it was time to sleep. Friday night he was still 8 months. He got up twice. Saturday night and last night he slept 11 hours straight through without eating. And he took great naps yesterday and today.

So it only took 9 months, but I now officially have a baby who sleeps through the night. Unfortunately I don’t sleep the same as I used to and I’m up every few hours. It’s time to baby train me – maybe Joe will have to let me cry it out a few times and see if that works.

Other developments are afoot for the small guy. Yesterday he went to the car wash and I sat him down on a bench. He no longer automatically tries to crawl over the edge – he’s starting to learn about falling. (Don’t worry, I don’t leave him alone on high places or anything.)

Here he is watching the cars:

car wash

He’s also transitioning from baby food to finger food. This is significantly messier, but it’s funny to watch him pick stuff up and inspect it before he puts it in his mouth. Today was peaches and bananas:

finger food 1

finger food 2

After breakfast we were off to the allergist. Since Jack had such a violent allergic reaction when we were in Denver, they recommended we have him tested. Here he practiced his chair sitting a little more:

allergist 2

allergist 3

allergist 4

Everyone remarked at what a happy baby he is. He really does have a good temperament. I hope this continues through toddlerhood.

They did a scratch test on his back for various food allergies. Here is what it looks like:

allergist

The worst reaction was to eggs. I checked the label for what he ate in Denver and there wasn’t egg in it, so I still don’t know what caused that reaction. But the doctor says he cannot have anything with egg in it probably until he is five. We can retest him at age three and see if it has gone down any. He also is mildly allergic to milk and wheat. I’ve been giving him wheat already and he doesn’t seem to have a problem with it, but we knew dairy was going to be an issue.

We have a busy week ahead of us and we’ll try to take lots of pictures. On Thursday we’re going to have lunch with Elissa and Baby Jake who is just a month old. Hopefully we can get some good shots of him because I’m sure he’s changed a lot.

Comments:
You forgot to mention that the doctor confirmed that Jack is not allergic to dogs. Just sayin'.
 
he is just too cute ....

i'm glad he's doing better .. and sleeping through the night!!! yay!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?