Thursday, August 11, 2005

Hasta la Vista

In order to remove the “Journey to Ernie” song from my head, I had to sit down at the computer with real people music on in the background while I prepare the pictures for Jack’s blog. I should be packing and folding laundry. I should be checking and rechecking my list so I don’t forget anything. Instead I am eating a frozen pizza, drinking a glass of wine, and listening to Savage Garden.

Why am I packing? Tomorrow Jack and I get on a plane with my parents to go visit my brother in Denver. I have never been on a plane with a baby. I have never really traveled with a baby. Given that I used to pack a tote bag and drive to Vegas for the weekend with nothing more than some good lipstick and a change of clothes, this is a new adventure for me.

It is almost 10 an I’m not near ready. Jack is ready – clothes and food packed, he is resting comfortably and dreaming of balloons and ceiling fans. I have not packed one single item for myself, nor have I showered. I’m only just now eating. It’s a stressful night, to say the least.

But let us return to what is truly important – pictures of the beloved angel.

We begin at lunch on Sunday. I love eating out with my parents because my mom feeds Jack and I actually get to consume some of my meal. Here I think she is attempting to convince him that semi-frozen squash is yummy to eat:

high chair

Home again, Jack cooks up some mischief while he twirls these little wooden beads:

furtive

And later, he’s backed into a corner, and must admit that it was indeed his spoonful of yams that fell on the pinscher. (He did apologize, so all is well.)

leaning

Then he decided it was time to get online and chat with his cousins:

laptop

This, of course, made him undeniably happy

happy

And to top it off, we headed over to Julie and Mac’s house for a swim date. Here the boys are playing with the Leap Start Learning Table. Whoever invented this toy is truly tapped into the infant mind, because these boys cannot get enough of the thing.

table

Mac knows the camera and will do anything to get you to take his picture. Check out this diva-in-training

head tilt mac

Jack is always seduced by the power of a rolling object, however, and he left Mac to go chase this toy:

chasing

Then it was time for swimming. The boys donned their oh-so-manly swim diapers and were raring to go

boys

Never satisfied, they demanded I take an art shot of their little naked selves.

art shot

Ah, what a week. I must go pack now. I will try to post from Denver so you can see what Jack looks like wearing a sweatshirt. Wish me luck!

Comments:
my grandson has the Leap Frog Learning Table and he loves it!!!

im telling you Jack is so cute i can't hardly stand it. what a face!!!

and why do you need a sweatshirt in Denver? oh yea, it's supposed to rain on Saturday. hope you have a good time while you're here and that everything went okay on the plane!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?