Thursday, July 28, 2005

Time with Grandma

Yesterday Jack spent some time at Grandma Sandee's house while I did a little bit of work. Unfortunately for Grandma he was in a horrid mood, but I could not cancel my meeting so she was stuck with him. That will teach me to keep him up later than his scheduled bedtime. I often wonder if sleep is such an issue for other mothers – I feel like it's a constant struggle for me. According to Weisbluth he is doing what he's supposed to, however, so I can't really complain. From what I've read he will start napping longer at 9 months and will no longer get up in the middle of the night. I may actually get to sleep for 8 hours!

My favorite thing about Jack is that he can be entertained with ordinary household objects. Here you can see him crawling around my mother's kitchen playing with a pastry roller, a plastic bottle and a Tupperware bowl.





















Today we met my mom at the mall to buy Jack some shoes. They require him to wear shoes at the gym even though he doesn't walk, so we finally found a good pair at Baby Gap. Apparently you are not supposed to put hard-soled shoes on their feet until they are up and running. Who knew? So he has these little soft shoes and a pair of sandals to wear.

Jack is doing well taking a bottle and with the new formula. He actually gets excited when I start mixing it up. I would just wean him completely but of course he's only able to consume the formula that cost one billion dollars. Here he is in the Nordstrom shoe department having a snack.






His posture should give you an idea of why I no longer nurse him in public. He is entirely too curious and agile for discrete breastfeeding.

Comments:
i may have said this before so if i did, i apologize. i had my grandson at my house with me from three days old to 6 months. it had been a LONG time since i had a baby around.

Jordan was sleeping through the night at about 4 months. i followed a routine that i read about on BabyCenter.com ... every night about 6:00 pm i would start winding him down .. turn the lights down in the living room ... turn the tv or music down ... he'd play quietly ... then about 6:45 he'd get his bath. after that .. he knew it was time for his bottle. he would eat .. and then i'd put him in his bed. it wouldn't take long for him to fall asleep .. he learned early on about the routine meaning bed time ... he'd be in bed no later than 8:00pm

i am not sure why (i guess) he was sleeping through and not waking up, but he would get up about 5 a.m. i was really lucky.

it wasn't until he went to live with his mother (6.5 months) that he started waking up in the middle of the night.

i think he sleeps through now .. he's 13 months old.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?