Tuesday, July 19, 2005

sleeeeeeppppyyy

Gloria’s surgery went okay yesterday – the damage was worse than they thought but they were still able to piece her shoulder back together. I can only imagine how much pain she is in and I keep thinking I wish there was something I could do to make her feel better. She comes home tomorrow so I will have more news once I’ve actually talked to her. Hopefully Jack and I can go visit later in the week to cheer her up.

I have one final bath picture to share – I wasn’t sure if it was showing too much skin but Joe assures me it’s fine (we’ll see how Jack feels about that when he’s older!)

reaching

As you can see he loves the faucet. His favorite activity is when I run the water into his tub while he’s sitting there. He just can’t get enough.

Although Jack is finally sleeping through the night, this means he goes to bed at 6:30 and gets up any time between 5:15 and 5:45. If I was smart I would go to bed early and be fine with a 5 a.m. wake up call, but as it is I stay up far too late and am still tired in the day. Today was the hardest – I stayed up past 11 and Jack woke at exactly 5:15. Plus he got up once at 1:30 to eat. That’s not enough sleep for me, and this morning I was a wee bit drowsy. Of course I can’t just set him on the floor and fall asleep because he’s into everything these days and would probably choke on something or harm the dogs. So I broke down, strapped him in his chair and turned on Sesame Street. Joe was nice enough to take a picture:

sleep

I know, don’t I look like a great mom? At least there’s not an empty wine bottle next to me or anything.

And Travis, welcome to the comments section. Feel free to argue with my brother all you want – he can hold his own.

Comments:
Guido emailed me and told me that the empty wine bottle is BARELY out of frame...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?