Thursday, July 14, 2005

Oh No!

Grandma Gloria suffered a horrible accident yesterday and broke her shoulder. She goes to see the doctor tomorrow and hopefully they will give her some good news, but she is in a great deal of pain and of course she is not happy about it. This was her last few weeks with Jack before going back to school and now she’s afraid she will never see him. Of course I will take him over to visit, so don’t you worry Gloria! Jack will not forget his Grandma.

Today was supposed to be Grandma Day, but due to her injury I took Jack along with me on my extravaganza. It was actually a lot of fun having him around – he’s gotten much easier to handle in public. First we went back to the nursing home to visit our friend’s mom. Jeff came with us as well and he held Jack for a little bit. For those of you who don’t know Jeff he is VERY tall – like 8 feet or something. Jack has never been that high up and he seemed to like it. I had planned on going to the nursing home whenever I had childcare, but Jack was a hit. Our patient was happy to see him even if she didn’t have any idea who he is. I think I’ll be taking him back.

Then we headed over to Fiber Factory for a bit and lunch with Julie and Mac. These two are so funny together. I know they recognize each other and they interact as only babies can do. If you want to see pictures of Jack actually looking at the camera you’ll have to go to Mac’s blog. For me? He acts like he doesn’t know his name or he’s just too busy for it all. But I thought these were cute nonetheless:

what

Jack is new to finger food. Kim was nice enough to give me a little baggie of organic O cereal so I’ve been putting it in front of Jack. He doesn’t really understand it, but he’s interested. Here you can see both boys inspecting their food:

inspecting

And of course, Mac smiling and being pleasant while Jack ignores me:

hey

Take a gander at Mac’s hands. He reminds me of one of those puppies with really big paws. He is going to be a tall kid.

Tomorrow we are going to Julie’s for swimming and lunch. I will make sure to take pictures because her pool is just heaven.

Comments:
In Jack's defense all that yarn left me a little dazed and distracted too. Plus Mac did kick him in the head a couple of times (Jack sort of asked for it though).

: )
 
What did you to to Gloria?? Is she OK?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?