Saturday, June 18, 2005

More pool time

I can’t believe how busy I can get just hanging around with a baby. Joe came home Wednesday – he hopped an early flight that landed at six, so I kept Jack up enough so they could hang out before bed. It is such a relief to put him down at night and know I won’t hear from him until morning. Joe and I had a nice quiet dinner together and he told me all about his trip. It was a good trip and – more importantly – is his last scheduled business trip.

Thursday was more of the same – entertaining Jack, going to stores, walking, talking, that kind of thing. Friday of course was Grandma Day. We are beginning to love Grandma Day and are going to be sorry when it all ends on August 5th. (Ok, I admit I probably love it more than anyone!) But as you can see, Jack had a great time too:

fountain 2

The fountain to his right was specifically installed for him by the builder. Here he is playing with the water:

fountain

Doesn’t Gloria’s new pool look fantastic? Jack thinks so. Here he’s just chilling out looking as cool as you can in a swim diaper:

chillin

The glasses don’t always last for long, however

concentration

And here’s an art shot of the little angel:

art

It was a great day – he came home tired and happy, which is how a day at Grandma’s house should be.

I keep thinking about how lucky our boy is to have such wonderful family around. I only had one set of grandparents growing up and they lived in California. Jack is constantly surrounded by people who love and adore him more than anyone on the planet. Can you imagine how great that is?

Today we stopped by Grandma Elaine’s 86th birthday party. I wish I had a picture so you could see how great she looks. We had to jet over to another party in Chandler so I don’t have any pictures, but Jack spent more time in the pool and was once again exhausted.

Tomorrow is Father’s Day. I’d like to say a great big happy Father’s Day to Joseph who is the best father I could hope for my son. And that’s not just because he changes icky diapers either. It’s not easy to wax nostalgic when the babe is only six months old, but here is a shot from the hospital:

dad

It goes by fast, indeed.

And of course my dad – thanks for being a great dad to me. I promised you I would always be your little girl, and although I often feel like a haggard old crone, that promise remains. Here is my dad with the guy at Christmas time:

grandpa

So happy Father’s Day to everyone. It’s a hard job. I know now how hard it can be.

Comments:
What a beautiful pool - tell Gloria I am Jealous!

Shout out to Joe....Happy Father's Day!
 
that is a beautiful pool and Jack is so cute ..... he looks like he loves being a water baby!!!

you have a beautiful family .....

and i know about the "lawyer" thing .. being a paralegal for so long. i was blessed and worked for some of the best lawyers in the business .. who were also good people. only a few were jerks .. but that's just PEOPLE.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?