Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I'll give you something to cry about......

One of the things that’s hardest for me with this new sleep plan is putting him down for naps when he doesn’t want to go. I know he’s tired, I know it’s time, but he doesn’t always agree. I sing him his song and lie him down so he knows what I expect him to do, but invariably he pops back up and plays with his pacifier. So this afternoon I did my little regimen, he was having none of it, I went to take a shower. I heard him play for a while, cry a little, and then, of course, silence.

Here is what I found:


Look familiar? He seems to like using the bumper for a pillow.

I’m getting pretty tired trying to think up things to entertain the little guy. No more pajama days for us. To give you an idea, here is what we did today (this also serves the purpose of keeping Joe updated, so bear with me.)

Jack woke at 5:45 after sleeping for 11 hours straight. A small miracle. We got up, had some breakfast, played a little, went for a walk in the neighborhood, watched Baby Galileo, read a book.

Here he is watching his video and drinking some water:


He took a nap from 8:15 to 10. We talked on the phone to Julie and played with the dogs. Then we went to the gym where Jack played with other kids and sat in the exersaucer (we don’t have one so he was pretty excited.)

After the gym we had lunch – pears – and played for a while. He is practicing his walking now, which is good because it tires him out. We also tried to practice saying consonants, but he will only say G. He had a nap at 1 (albeit unwillingly) and got up at 2:30.

We went next door and swam in the pool, which he LOVED. He liked it much more than the pool at the YMCA. We got him a new suit too, so I took a few pictures:

new suit

new suit 2

The second one is really blurry, but it has the pinscher in it, and Joe misses his dog too.

After the pool we got cleaned up and went to Nordstrom. I spent part of my birthday gift certificate (thank you Gloria!) on some makeup and a pair of shoes. Then we met my dad for dinner at Z Tejas since both our spouses are out of town. While we were waiting for Grandpa to show up, I tried to take a picture of Jack’s new teeth. As Julie can attest, this is easier said than done. I know it’s not very nice, but here’s the best I could do:


He seemed to forgive me:


Dinner was interesting – not the best time to take a baby out in public. I brought some food for him so he ate his yams at the restaurant, but I had formula in a bottle and he wanted NOTHING to do with it. He would take a drink and then glare at me. So of course by the time we got home he was starving AND tired. Not a good combo. I quickly changed him into his pjs, skipped the bath, nursed him and he fell promptly asleep.

I am beat!

Brooke, Jack is such a doll! Thanks for sharing your day. Enjoy this stage all you can, but know that the next stage is also great.
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?