Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day

To celebrate Father’s Day, Jack and I took Joe out to breakfast. Unfortunately Jack was not in a mood to sit pleasantly by while we enjoyed our prospective huevos. He fussed, he yelled, he banged his toys. He even tore the newspaper of the gentleman sitting next to us. Not very relaxing or celebratory, to say the least.

But you gotta love the little guy, always on the move:

fathers day 2

This is a better picture of the two boys, but in no way should be misconstrued as showing calmness in my offspring:

fathers day 1

Although Jack really wants to walk, he’s starting to give in a little and realize there might be a better way to get around until he’s stable enough for bipedal locomotion. It’s not exactly crawling, it’s more like pulling himself along and pushing one foot off the ground. I tried to get a picture to give you some idea, but it’s still a little unclear:

locomotion

Of course when I was trying to show Joe his new trick, Jack face planted into the tile, thus ending our practice session.

And so another week begins – more activities to plan, more books to read, more walking to practice. I am so thankful I am able to be here for this strange and interesting part of Jack’s life. I know I complain about it sometimes, but I really wouldn’t have it any other way.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?