Monday, May 09, 2005

Jack's new moves

Jack wants to crawl so badly and he’s just figuring out that his back legs might have something to do with it. It’s tough to photograph, but here he is on all fours, albeit briefly.

new move 4

And here he is lifting up on his toes.

new move 3

As you can tell, this process it a bit frustrating for the poor guy.

new move 5

There are more pictures on my flickr page if you’re so inclined.

As Jack gets more mobile and wants to sit up all the time, I’ve had to devise new ways to entertain him. Here’s the latest version of his play area in the house:

play area

It seems to work for the most part, although he has hit his head a few times. He’s also fallen off the couch and the bed. He’s a wiggly little guy.

I’ve also figured out a new way to wear the sling. He really likes this because it doesn’t make him fall asleep! I like it because my hands are free and I can get some things done.

side sling

We had a wonderful Mother’s Day. We went to the zoo and out to lunch at Z Tejas. Here is Jack in the new Spider Monkey exhibit.

zoo

Joe got to spend a lot of time with Jack over the weekend. Here they are playing on the floor while our friend Travis was over for a visit:

on floor

And later in the tv room with the beagle looking on:

dad

We went to the gym this morning – I don’t know what they do to him in the little childwatch area but he always comes home very tired. He fell asleep about an hour ago and I haven’t heard a peep out of him since. We’re all signed up for swimming lessons on June 6th – they call it Water Babies and of course I will be in the water with him. I think that will be lots of fun and will probably tire him out just as much.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?