Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Magic Formula? Ha!

So two nights ago I gave Jack some formula (2 ounces) and nursed him before bed. He slept 4.5 hours. Last night I did the same thing and he was up from 1 to 3, wide awake, as if I fed him a latte instead of formula. He was thrashing around like he had a tummy ache and was generally fussy.

I am beat. No more formula for the little guy. He’s sleeping in the day okay, not the required five hours, but it will do.

sleep

In the background you can see the new bumper pads we installed, so at least I don’t find him with limbs protruding from the crib any longer.

We went to Lux Coffeebar yesterday to meet Becky, who had an unexpected vomiting emergency involving her nephew. So it was just me and Jack hanging out with some uber-hip Phoenicians who didn’t appear to have a care in the world. For some reason this place has a hypnotic effect on the little man. Ever since he was born I can take him to Lux and almost guarantee he will be calm and cooperative. I was alone and still got to knit, imagine that. Here is what he did:

jack

One thing Jack really wants to do is crawl. He cannot bear the fact that things are across the room and he is prohibited from getting at them. Mostly this involves poor Lucca.

In this shot, Lucca is the small brown blur in the lower left corner.
crawl 1

He spots her on the corner of the bed:

crawl 3

and he so badly wants to get there:
crawl 6
(that’s my pink knee. Today is turning into pajama day, given that it’s almost noon and I’m still in pink plaid.)

I felt sorry for him, so I moved him closer. Lucca is not thrilled

crawl 4

And here you can see the knee action. This is new, as of today. Once he puts it all together he’ll be moving like a champ.

crawl 5

Look out Lucca…

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?