Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Sleep Drunk

First of all, last night was the best nights sleep I’ve had since we brought Jack home all those four months ago. I think I went to sleep around 10 and the little guy woke up at midnight to eat. He went right back down and didn’t get up again until five, and then went BACK to sleep. He slept until after eight! This is simply unheard of in Jackland. I woke up on my own before he did, I felt rested and clearheaded. It was blissful.

The “No-cry Sleep” book I have does warn against getting too excited, however. It could be a fluke. It could be due to the shots he got yesterday. It could be he will only sleep like that when the planets are perfectly aligned. Whatever the reason, I feel like I have been given a wonderful gift. As we speak it is 9:30 p.m. and I don’t feel like I’ve been run over by a truck.

Yesterday was full of excitement. We started at the doctor’s office where Jack got his four month checkup and shots (!). Here he is with his papa in the waiting room:

doctor

He is certainly thriving well – he’s 26 ½ inches long and 16 pounds 4 ounces. Those veteran parents out there will recognize the importance of that ½ inch. He has outgrown his car carrier and graduated to the full fledged car seat. This baffles me, since I often see babies carried around in these seats when they are eight and 10 months old, yet here we are at four months and unable to use the carrier. We bought the Britax Marathon yesterday afternoon (no surprise, we were not prepared for this new development and I had to run out to USA Baby on the way home from our play date). Jack fits in it much more comfortably – when he falls asleep his head doesn’t flop over at all. Here he his on the way to my mom’s house this morning:

new seat

After the doctor we headed over to Julie’s house for some quiche and play time with Mac and Harrison. I love watching these guys interact. Jack is just fascinated by other babies, and I don’t think Mac was very pleased with all the grabbing:

julie's 1

Here I think he’s saying “MOM! He’s hurting me!”

julie's 3
Jack even took a short nap so I could knit a very small amount:

julie's 2

We would have gone home to rest, but we had to do our taxes last night. Our little deduction came along since our accountant also happens to be his Great Aunt Cissy and she was very happy to see him. He even helped her work out some of the numbers:

tax day

Later, Cissy tried to explain to him how he was going to have to curb his spending so his mom could afford more yarn. He listened intently:

tax day 2

And after all that he slept as peacefully as the little angel he is. Let’s hope for another night of it tonight.

Comments:
You take the best pictures! Mac sure looks like he doesn't play well with others...we'll have to work on that.
 
It's only just beginning girls! But they're boys so they'll play, fight and be best friends, all within a 5 minute time span!
Mom Streech
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?