Monday, March 14, 2005

New Theory

So my latest theory about why Jack won’t sleep is that he’s really a tummy sleeper being forced to sleep on his back all these long months. He just learned how to roll from his back to his belly, and I think eventually he will sleep like that all the time. Right now he’s getting a little confused, and sometimes sleeps on his side. Look how cute he is:

sideways

Last night he fell asleep on his stomach around 2:30 in the morning. Both Joe and I were panicked and didn’t sleep well at all. When the baby cried around 4 or so, Joe was in the nursery ahead of me to see what was going on. He never wakes up when the baby cries, so I know he was on edge about the tummy sleeping thing as well. All the doctors and experts have us convinced that putting a child on his stomach equals certain death. But of course my mother will tell you both Greg and I slept on our stomachs, and we’re still alive.

I am hopeful that this new development will eventually let us all get a better nights sleep.

This weekend we had a family reunion at the Adams house. All of Grandpa Tom’s siblings were in town for the first time in a long time. Jack was very popular hanging out by the pool:

poolside

poolside 4

poolside 3

poolside 2

Tomorrow Jack is going to spend the day with Grandma Gloria. She has spring break this week so she is going to take Jack to the park to see the ducks. These are the very same ducks that terrified Joe as a child, but I think that was because he tried to chase them.

Comments:
My mother had five kids - all of us were put to sleep on our tummys!

Isn't it amazing how any of us lived - no helmets, tummy sleepers, bottle fed...the list goes on.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?