Saturday, March 26, 2005

More on sleeping

side sleeping

First off, Jack is slowly improving in the sleep category, although last night was a bit challenging. The book we bought “The No-Cry Sleep Solution” is extremely helpful. The problem last night was scooting – the little guy scoots until his head his the side of the crib, and then keeps scooting so his head keeps hitting. We don’t have bumper pads because the SIDS people make you think they cause all infants to die, but right now I think they might be a good investment.

Another thing the SIDS people warn against is having any type of stuffed creature in bed with the child. But the No Cry people suggest introducing a “lovey” (their word, not mind) so the child has something to hang onto while he sleeps. Then when he wakes in the night he will see the thing and feel more comfortable. Here is Jack holding a sleep-frog:

lovey

Although we had a tough night, Joe took the little guy this morning and I got a very long nap. It was wonderful. I feel like I’m sleep-obsessed, always wishing for an un-interrupted nap. Really, if you offered me diamonds, new cars, new houses, fancy vacations versus one ten-hour stretch in a dark cool room by myself with a big soft bed, I’d have to take the sleep option.

I can’t complain too much though – both our parents would be willing to take the little guy over night. I’m just not ready for that yet. I have decided to spend the night away from him on May 21st, and although I know this is almost 2 months away it does give me something to prepare for I suppose.


pinscher

Not much else is going on here. Joe and Lucca were hanging out watching a documentary about Jesus on A&E. I only saw parts of it in between Jack’s napping, but it was pretty fascinating. They are speculating about Jesus going to Asia since his teachings and those of Buddha are so similar. I think at one point in the show they also suggested he went to England and converted the Druids.

All I know is that it has always frustrated me that the bible goes from birth to age 34. Shouldn’t we get to know what happened in between?

For an interesting Easter posting, check out this blog.

Happy Easter Vigil everyone. Pictures tomorrow of Jack in his cute new Easter clothes visiting all the family members.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?