Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sleeping Through the Night? Ha!

So the formula experiment was a complete failure. Well, not complete – it was funny to watch Joe give Jack a bottle. Jack kept turning his head to nurse, which doesn't work so well with a bottle and a man. And of course he kept falling asleep instead of eating. But he took 4 ounces of formula and fell right asleep. Four and a half hours later he was awake and ready to eat again.

Call me crazy, but an extra hour and a half is not really worth the stress of formula feeding, so we will be returning to our regularly scheduled nursing program. He's going to sleep through the night when he's darn good and ready, and not a minute before. I've got to realize I cannot compare him to other babies – it's not fair and it certainly doesn't help me any.

As I've said before, he's lucky he's so darned cute:

elf hat 3

My Aunt Cathy sent him a toy, and while I was getting ready for lunch today I thought I'd see how he liked it:

ball

This was before he got frustrated that it wouldn't fit in his mouth and started to scream. Shortly thereafter he collapse in a heap and gave my dad and I time to enjoy our lunch:

lunch with grandpa

Joe is going to be late tonight. His trial starts Monday and he's feeling a little pressure to be ready. Luckily he left beef stew cooking in the crock pot, so I will eat some and go to bed. Tomorrow is another day – we're going to have lunch with Elissa and maybe go up and visit my mom for a bit.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?