Thursday, February 24, 2005

Out on the Town

We met our friend Elissa for lunch today at Cowboy Ciao's in Scottsdale. I highly recommend this restaurant, but their wines by the glass list is a total joke. Seriously people, should we spend $18 on a GLASS of wine? I think not. I settled for the $8 Cabernet from South Africa (indeed), and it was fine. The chopped salad is wonderful, and the service was excellent.

I haven't seen Elissa in a while, probably since I was about 6 months pregnant. We have been in touch via email off and on, but in December she was out of commission with the "flu". Turns out it was no flu at all. She's pregnant! Now, this news is very exciting to me, but she told Travis Cooley and didn't tell me? I mean, I introduced them, they are only friends because of me. Shouldn't I have known first? Sheesh. (And Elissa, if you're reading this, I'm totally kidding. I'm only mad at JOE for not telling me. Am I the last one on earth to know????)

Anyhow, here she is getting some practice with little Jack, right before he started to cry:

with elissa

Doesn't she look great? All glowy and stuff. She's 18 weeks along and just gone done with the sick part, but hasn't gotten to the really overwhelmingly fat part.

From lunch we headed up to Grandma's house. Since Joe is working late these days it is best to get out of the house when we can during the day. Otherwise by the time he gets home we're both going a little stir crazy.

Jack is this close to sitting up. Here you can see him practicing on the chair. He was having a great time – laughing and smiling. (He certainly knows how to work his Grandma.)

grandma in chair

Later they played on the floor. (That quilt is hand made by my mom. I tried to warn her he may spit up or possibly leak body fluids. She didn't seem to care. Jack can do no wrong…)

grandma on florr

And one more shot of him showing off the super-cute sweater vest and plaid linen pants:

in chair

Now he is passed out cold – sleeping right through his normal feeding time at 8 p.m. Poor guy – so much activity in one day wears him out. We are both happy to be home and in our pjs for a relaxing evening with the dogs.

Comments:
Congrats to Elissa! She looks great (as always).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?