Friday, February 11, 2005

Mall Rats

When I lived in Palo Alto I used to go to the mall and get annoyed by all the women with their strollers, walking around completely oblivious to the rest of the world. They took up space at tables and ignored the fact that I, the important business person, was in a hurry and needed to get around them.

Ha!

If I could go back and talk to that former me, I would tell her to walk around and be quiet about it. My life was so easy – jump in the car, speed over to the mall, run in, grab a sandwich, run out. No longer is that the case. There is no jumping, speeding, running, grabbing in my life. It takes a mere 75 minutes to get out of the house now, and lugging, maneuvering, and ambling have become my action verbs of choice.

And I now think the food court is a good choice for lunch with friends. I mean, you can get anything you want to eat, there is plenty of seating, and it’s noisy enough to drown out the crying babies.

Yesterday we met Kim, Julie and the various offspring for a quick lunch:

FOOD COURT

That’s Gemma, Kim’s 3 year old daughter next to Jack and my mom.

And here’s Mac saying “oooooo” and trying to make a run for it out of the stroller:

MAC

Today we’re going to attempt a movie. My parents saw Sideways the other day and said the theater was practically empty. So we are going to drag little Jack to see Neverland. Only two weeks left until the Oscars and I have yet to see a single nominated movie. Tomorrow is Sideways with Joe – the only one he will see – while we have his parents babysit for us. Only three more after that!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?