Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Good....The Bad.....

So as a confirmed Stay-at-Home-Mom, I am faced with particular challenges. Like how to maintain sanity when my job involves interacting with a small alien all day long. But last night was another dose of the reality. Joe had to work late. Like eleven p.m. late. (Julie is going through something similar, her husband took his first overnight business trip since the baby was born.)

Nights like this are really hard. And it's not like I can complain to Joe – he doesn't want to be there any more than I want him there. (Plus it would open the door for him complaining to me about being a mega-bitch all the time. So far he's been smart enough to avoid that.) When he got home, the baby was already long asleep and he missed his nightly interaction with the guy. He wanted to wake him up (!), but of course I couldn't allow that.

I took some pictures of the view of Jack from my lap. Unfortunately he wasn't smiling, but I can tell you he smiles and laughs a lot these days.

no joe 2

no joe

Luckily the guy was in a really good mood this morning, so Joe got to spend a little time talking to him. He was WIDE AWAKE at 6 a.m. and then took a nap at 7, so I got to go back to bed. That was fortunate because my 5 hours of broken sleep just wasn't doing it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?