Sunday, February 20, 2005

Doctor, my baby is leaking

For the past few nights, Jack has woken up soaking wet. You would think this normal for a small baby, but I am flabbergasted by the positioning of the wetness. Often, his diaper will be completely dry and there will be a circular wet spot in the center of his back. It’s as if I’ve accidentally placed him on a small puddle of water, or as if he had sprung a leak directly from his spine. There is really no good explanation for this.

To remedy the situation, we switched diapers. We went from Pampers “Swadlers” to Pampers “Baby Dry”. As my mom pointed out, isn’t the goal of all diapers to keep the baby dry? Perhaps, but what have we got to lose? So tonight will be the test run of the baby drys.

It rained most of the weekend so we didn’t do a whole heck of a lot. Grocery shopping and lunch out were about all we could handle on Saturday. Today my parent stopped by to visit. I dressed Jack up in his Hawaiian shirt we got as a gift from my Aunt Cathy:

hawaii 2

I think the beagle is a little jealous:

hawaii 1

During a break in the weather (seriously, it’s been raining all winter here), we all went out for a walk. I think Jack really likes his new stroller attachment, and he made a friend named Sophie who lives a few streets away. (Ok, so I made friends with the parents. The babies don’t really notice one another yet.) They are starting a play group in the neighborhood and invited me.

Later on, Jack and Joe read the New York Times together and had a glass of wine.

ny times

I couldn’t decide which picture I liked better, so here is the other one:

ny times 2

Tomorrow morning I am taking Jack to visit Grandma Gloria. Kim and I are going to have a real live adult lunch without any children. No food court for us!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?