Thursday, February 17, 2005

Damaged Honda Pilot

The mom car suffered some severe damage two days ago. Yes, I ran into a wall. Yes the door is ruined. Yes, I have to be without my car for a week. No, you shouldn't laugh at me.

Last night we went knitting and everyone was asking me how I'm doing. As always with my knitting friends I was honest. I'm tired. I long for 8 hours of sleep like my dog longs for a walk. This Saturday marks 12 weeks and I feel like I'm slowly turning into a different person. And she's not very nice.

Jack of course is doing just dandy. Here he is last night with Kathy from knitting:

kathy6

She made a hat and jacket for a baby and needed a baby model. Jack was happy to oblige.

jacket

Now, I know he looks a little drugged. I'm not sure why – both pictures came out like that. I swear I didn't feed him wine.

We had to scoot out of knitting early. Our day was action packed, and I think Jack had enough of it by about 8. He was pretty darned fussy and tired, but didn't want to go to sleep. I spent about 45 minutes trying to get him down while Joe cooked dinner. Finally there was a small lull from the crib. I ran out to try and eat my soup (Miso Chicken Soup from the Williams Sonoma Soup cookbook. Excellent recipe.)

Joe said "Why did he go down so quickly?"

Um. Quickly?

Of course, immediately following that comment there was a screech from the other room. I finally resorted to the couch for the babe and a tv tray for my soup. It worked, and I got to eat.

Today we have to run a few errands. Specifically I have to buy a new keyboard for the computer, as I spilled hot tea in it yesterday and it hasn't quite been the same since. (I also spilled a small amount of hot tea on Jack's foot, but we don't need to discuss that. He's fine, really.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?