Monday, January 24, 2005

Why We Need a Dad

In our house it helps to have a sane and rational individual to consult when raising this baby. I know a lot of people trade off the night feeding and changing, but to me that would just make us both sleep deprived and crazy. So Joe sleeps and I rely on him for other more important tasks. Some of them are as follows:

1. Go in the baby's room and tell me if it's too hot.
2. Get up at six when I have been up every hour with the little guy and can't figure out what is wrong. (this was yesterday, not today. I collapsed in a heap while he took over the baby.)
3. Wash the pacifiers that fall on the ground constantly.
4. Feed the dogs
5. Keep the dogs from being sent to the pound, where I would have sent them two days ago when they woke Jack up and he screamed for 30 minutes.
6. Hold the baby while he gets shots. (This will be tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it.)

These are just some of the things he does to make my life easier. There are millions more. But the key is keeping him rested and well so we aren't both a complete mess. I didn't realize this huge importance until he got sick last week – it's taken us a week to get things back to normal!

Jack spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa Adams house yesterday.



.

He's usually not this smiley at home when I put him in the crib!





.

And even in his sleep, he's still smiling!





.

Jack's newest feature is sticking his entire fist in his mouth.



All in all he had a great day with his grandparents, and I think they had fun with him too. When they dropped him off, Tom said "He's a little high maintenance!" I have to agree - he does take up a lot of time and energy, which is why it's so great I have places to drop him off for a bit of a rest!

Today we're going up to visit my mom, and maybe I'll sneak in a nap there too!

Comments:
What did you do with your free time while Jack was with his grandparents? Did you do something really fun with someone really cool? Just curious.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?