Sunday, January 09, 2005

What, no Saturday Post????

We have had a busy weekend here in Jack Land. Friday afternoon we met Julie and Mac for lunch at Eddie Matney’s where Julie and I had some food and wine and Mac and Jack stared at the ceiling and made noises. Here they are outside waiting for the valet to pull around our mom cars:



Friday night was my first night out of the house without the little man. We went to see Pirates of Penzance at the Herberger Theater downtown. The Arizona Theater Company always does a great job, and this was no exception. If you have the time I highly recommend heading down to see it.

I couldn’t believe how hard it was for me to leave home. We met some of Joe’s work friends beforehand at Cheuvront’s Wine Bar at about six. I got there and I almost started crying – I had to sit with my back to the group for a minute to collect myself. Then again in the bathroom I started crying again. Tom and Gloria were here watching him so he was in great hands, and there was plenty of freshly pumped milk for him so he wasn’t going to starve. I don’t know what my problem was. Of course he was fine and ate his meals like normal and the grandparents loved hanging out with him, but I was a wreck by the time we got home.

Here we are yesterday trying to recover:



Just to keep things interesting, we had a wedding last night. A partner at Joe’s firm got married at the Wrigley Mansion . It was a beautiful ceremony and the reception was lovely except for the DJ, who in true DJ fashion was simply AWFUL. I only took one picture because for some reason there were four photographers there and it seemed like the paparazzi had arrived so I didn’t want to add to the flashbulbs.



I will say the second night out was significantly easier than the first. My parents came over to hang out with the little guy and feed him. My mom did all of our laundry (thanks mom) and did some type of “exercises” with Jack in his crib. Whatever she did wore him out because he slept like a rock star last night.

We are all pretty beat from the extravaganza this weekend, even Joe and Lucca are trying to rest for the week ahead:



You can’t really tell from the picture, but he is sleeping on the floor of our living room, which is ceramic tile. The only cushion is that quilt.

I have to thank the grandparents for making our weekend possible. I actually feel a little more like a real person now and I’m much more comfortable leaving him alone. It’s such a relief to have family here and know he is safe and happy when we’re gone.



Comments:
finally finally finally you post.
 
Are you sure that J didn't just pass out from all the liquor?

- LPBME
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?