Monday, January 10, 2005

Like Father Like Son

One of Joseph’s defining characteristics is his ability to raise one eyebrow, usually looking at me with not a small amount of skepticism. Jack has had this same quirk since birth – I swear sometimes he looks at me and I feel like I live with two Joes. Finally I caught it on the camera yesterday during his bath:



As you can see, he’s not convinced of the necessity of the bath. Beforehand I think he was sticking out his tongue at me.



We had a good night last night for sleeping but today wasn’t quite so great. He was screaming bloody murder at about 7 a.m., and even though it had only been an hour since he ate I fed him anyway. That seemed to calm him down a bit, but he ate again at 9! They say babies go through a growth spurt at around 6 weeks so that might be what is happening.

So I realized this weekend that if I had a job I would be going back to work today because Jack is now six weeks old. I honestly don’t know how I would do it – I look at how small and helpless he is, and the thought of dropping him off with strangers just turns my stomach. I can see the draw though. I’m feeling good and almost normal again, and we have our routine down to some degree, and it would be nice to have an office to go to and spend time with other adults. Thank goodness I have my knitting friends!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?