Monday, January 31, 2005

Jamaica-me-crazy

My parents left today for a week in Jamaica. I am completely on my own with the little guy until the weekend. I don’t really think about how much my parents entertain us until they decide to leave – I’ve got to come up with some activities on my own. Today will be the library. Hopefully Jack will like it (and cooperate) so I can get some research about Strategic Planning done. I don’t really know the difference between a Strategic Plan and a Business Plan, and I have to write both for the same company so I need to do some homework first.

Here are two pictures from last week. The first is Jack in his big boy clothes at Rula Bula with my mom:

jeans2

And this one is Joe and Jack hanging out:

joe

Parley asked why I had to mention the annoying guys were gay (actually he kind-of got in a tizzy about it really). If they were black, he inquired, would I have felt it necessary to point that out to everyone? Of course not. I think the fact that they were gay and on a date made the story more interesting, and gave the audience a more accurate picture of what they were doing. If I just said it was two guys, you would not have fully understood the dynamic between them and why they were sitting sitting sitting.

The Iraqi elections are complete. I think it’s sad that people are so uninterested. There was a good article in the NY Times Magazine yesterday about how some people are hoping they fail because that will mean Bush failed. I know Bush is a moron and has not led this country well, but to try and harm others because you want him to be a failure is just juvenile and wrong.

Ok, we’re off to nap in the crib and hopefully have a shower. (Jack is doing the first, I am doing the second.)

Comments:
Thanks for you post! I have now discovered Parley's blog, which is quite witty too! How am I ever going to get anything done around here with your blogs to read!!
 
I promise I don't know the offending sitters and if I did I'd yell at them to make sure that if nothing else they tipped their waiter or waitress extra for renting the space. And also, I was only sorta serious about the chicken viking hat.
 
For details on the difference between a biz plan and a strategic plan see "www.planware.org/strategy.htm" and then use the online strategic planner to do the strategic one.
 
Hey this blog is not about consulting

I have been doing hours of research on "strategic planning" and it brought me to your blog on Jamaica-me-crazy. Anyways, Blogger I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Keep blogging away :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?