Monday, January 17, 2005

All Quiet on the Western Front

Jack’s weekend was extremely low key due to some unexpected household incidents. First, Joe got monumentally sick from some treats our maids brought over Friday. He was up the entire night and verging on death by Saturday morning. An interesting piece of information – if you ever get food poisoning, one thing that helps is Dramamine. I never would have thought that, but Joe found it on the internet right after I threatened to take him to the ER.

Then I started either getting a cold or having my allergies act up. My nose has been running all weekend and I’m sneezing a lot.

Yesterday things were getting back to normal a tiny bit. We went grocery shopping and out for lunch, and decided Jack needed to look like a real boy:



He quite enjoyed his trip out and our discussion with the crazy herb lady at Sprouts regarding infant colic. Later in the day it was time for his weekly bath. Usually I take pictures because he’s always making funny faces. Not so much this time, he seems bored with it all in this picture:



Today is a mini vacation for me. Gloria is coming to get the little man and take care of him for the day. I am going to knit with my friends in Chandler and then have a massage at Elizabeth Arden. Gloria got me a gift certificate for Christmas for a Desert Hot Stone Massage and I’m really looking forward to it. I hope it doesn’t make me a bad mother, but I’m totally excited to spend the day alone. I can run in to the grocery store, get my car washed, take a nap! And I know he will be having fun visiting with his grandparents, great grandparents and great aunts.



Comments:
Young Jack looks all grown up in his striped shirt! Like a true 21st Century digital boy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?