Friday, December 10, 2004

Party Season has begun

Yesterday was a bit of a challenge for me and Jack. Those of you who talked to me on the phone will recall that my voice sounded incredibly tired. Jack is not a fan of the disappearing bottle, so the morning was spent consoling him this further injustice in life. Fortunately I did get a nap, so when it was time to head out for our various parties I was at least somewhat rested.

We started at Aunt Cissy’s open house, where the family was gathering to see her new office. First Great Aunt Margaret got to hold the little man:



and then Great Grandma:



He was awake for a bit as you can see, and everyone got to enjoy his big blue eyes. Here’s a shot with Cissy as well:



After that party we headed off to the Stitch-n-Bitch Holiday party in Tempe. For more pictures of that event you can visit my knitting blog, but here is Jack when we arrived:



He woke up to eat (I’m getting better at feeding him in public), and then crashed again for the rest of the event. It’s funny, because when I was pregnant he would always fall asleep at knitting. Something about a room full of talking women knocks him right out.

A big thank you to everyone there who didn’t touch him, especially on the hands!

Today is another big day – doctor’s appointment, shopping with Grandma S, and then I’m meeting Julie, Mac and Meghan out in Tempe. I’ll probably collapse at the end of it all. I think I got about 5 hours of sleep total last night, which really isn’t enough. I should try and squeeze a nap in somewhere, maybe after the doctor.

Hopefully the doctor will clear me for lifting – although I did carry Jack in his carrier last night. I feel fine, so as long as everything checks out today I am going to declare myself healed.


Comments:
I am pretty sure that Señora Hewett is teaching Jack, "mil novecientos ochenta y dos". God knows I can still say it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?