Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Out of the House

Yesterday I started going a little stir crazy. I didn't have anywhere to go, and packing the little guy up without a destination didn't sound like a great idea. So I moved us out into my office and finished off some Christmas presents. Jack seemed to be happy with the change of scenery, here he is napping:



And just his ear, because it's so cute:



I talked to Julie yesterday and we were marveling at how the doctors said these babies are supposed to sleep 15 – 20 hours a day. I don't know what newborns they are talking about, maybe ones with a strong Tylenol PM addiction or something, but certainly not my guy. He spends a good part of his day looking around and solving the world's problems.

What did alarm me is that Julie said she's been trying to occupy Mac while he's awake. Am I supposed to be occupying Jack? I wear him around in the sling as long as he can stand it (he doesn’t like his movements restricted too much), but then I put him down. How the heck am I supposed to occupy him? It's not like we can play games or anything. And he can only see 12 inches in front of him so most activities are out. We listen to music together, and sometimes I sing (not well, mind you), so I'm hoping this counts.

Today we're going to my dad's office for a meeting. And we'll probably go shopping for some regular clothes since I have absolutely nothing I can wear. My maternity jeans are starting to not fit, and of course all my pre-pregnancy clothes are locked away. I don't even know what size I am right now, it scares me to think about it. But we have an engagement party Saturday night and I'm just going to have to break down and buy bigger clothes.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?