Monday, December 13, 2004

Oh, What a Night

Jack was up all night last night and I don’t know why. Usually he is such a quiet guy unless there is something wrong, but we couldn’t figure out what was wrong with him last night. He would just barely get to sleep and then wake up again and cry. Of course he fell asleep this morning about 30 minutes before we were set to leave for the pediatrician. He slept the whole way there and I had to wake him up for his exam. He was not pleased. But the doctor says he looks great and is doing fine, and we don’t have to go back until he’s 2 months old.

Now the little guy is sitting here looking around. I know he is tired, he just won’t go to sleep. It’s maddening. If I try to lie down he screams. But if I sit here at the computer he seems fine. Luckily my mom is coming over this afternoon so hopefully I can get a little rest.

Yesterday we went down to Tom and Gloria’s so they could spend some time with the baby. Grandma Elaine came as well – she hadn’t seen him yet – and Aunt Jodie and Terry. Here is Gloria holding Jack:



and Grandma Elaine:



Then we ran over to visit Kim and her new baby Angus. Here I am holding the baby, who was barely 24 hours old:



Of course Kim looks fabulous. You would never know she just gave birth – she’s so calm about the whole thing. Angus is adorable and has a pretty big cry – he got hungry while we were there.

Parley came over for dinner last night. He had never held the baby because he was sick when I was in the hospital. He’s an old pro, as you can tell:





Ok, the little man finally fell asleep. I’m off to take a nap.

Comments:
It looks like I'm wearing camouflage to blend in with the chair. Anyway, it was great to finally hang out with the smallest Adams. He cries more than I do, but I found that we otherwise had a lot in common. Cool kid. -P
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?