Friday, December 24, 2004

Jack is Going Bald

He's losing his hair on top, which I guess is normal for a newborn. But he looks more like a little old man now.



So yesterday morning Jack and I went to cookie party, where he was quite a hit with the ladies. Mac was there, as was Max, Diane Bickford's grandson. I think there were 40 people total at the party but luckily not many of them felt a need to touch his hands or face. My mom is very bad at being the germ police so I know a few hands got through when she was holding him.


Me and my mom by the cookies


Grandpa and Jack match


Julie and Mac with my dad and Jack


India, a daughter of one of my mom's friends, was dying to hold the baby. She washed her hands so I let her. (See? I do let some people touch the baby.)

Then we had dinner with my parents and opened gifts. I led a campaign this year to have my family make gifts for everyone and it was great. My dad made me a wonderful jewelry box,



my mom made me a knitting bag (finally! I've been hating my knitting bag for months!)



and a quilt for our bed (I won't have a picture until next week). We had take-out from Thai-Pan and drank some wine. A lovely time. It was difficult for my mom to open her gifts while holding Jack, but she managed.



Today I have wrapping to do. We are going to church at five and Gloria's at 6:30. When we get back we will sip champagne by the lights of the tree, and enjoy our brand new family on our first Christmas together. It's hard to believe that someone else's vision of Christmas and what it means will come from me. I imagine Jack in 30 years with a wife somewhere, and if he's not with me I hope he's missing me.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?