Thursday, December 16, 2004

Jack Hates Old Navy

Yesterday I took Jack to the office for a meeting with Rob Sutton. He behaved beautifully, although I did have to pick him up halfway through the meeting and stop him from crying. Here’s how he felt about the prospect of having his diaper changed on a conference table:



Sorry dad, your office became a nursery for a bit yesterday. I even had to feed him in there.

He was fed and changed so I thought we’d swing by Old Navy and see if I could buy some real people clothes. Just a hint to those of you out there with new babies. Don’t go shopping two and a half weeks after giving birth. It was depressing how big I am and I almost cried in the dressing room.

But Jack took care of that for me. He woke up just as I was wheeling him in the room and he was hot and didn’t know where he was. Screams erupted from the little man and I know the people in the other stalls were marveling at his lungs. I didn’t have a choice but to plop down on the bench and feed him again. It worked very briefly, but I ended up leaving without buying anything. I think we’ll be shopping on line for the time being.

Today he went to visit Gloria’s class. It was the last day before winter break so I wanted to be sure the kids got a chance to see him. He likes fifth grade, especially since he’s the teacher’s pet.






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?