Saturday, December 11, 2004

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my mother's 60th birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! I have always appreciated my mother – she's one of those people who you can't help but admire. But now that I have a kid I appreciate her even more. The sacrifices and work you put into raising a child well are incredible. Thanks mom.

In other news, Kim is just about to have her baby! She went into labor last night and while I was on the phone with her this morning her water broke. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it. We still don't know if it's a boy or a girl, so I'm on pins and needles awaiting her call. I'm going to visit her tomorrow so I'll give you all an update then.

One of my worries during pregnancy was post-partum depression, but I have to say I feel quite the opposite. Maybe I have post-partum mania. Part of it has to do with the fact that I've lost 25 pounds of the 50 I gained so I feel considerably better. But even with very little sleep these days I feel surprisingly good most of the time. I have more energy than before, I can move around easier and most importantly I can have wine again!

That being said, as we were driving home from meeting Julie and Meghan yesterday, I had the most stressful moments of my entire life. Jack was screaming bloody murder from the back seat and we were stuck on the freeway in horrible traffic. He was so mad and hungry and making so much noise I thought my head would explode. I got him home and had to have some Mylanta because my stomach was upset. I fed him and he acted like he hadn't eaten in a week, when it had really only been just over 2 hours.

Here he is meeting Mac for the first time:



and this is earlier in the day at Islands Restaurant at Desert Ridge:




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?