Sunday, December 26, 2004

Do You See What I See?



My adorable husband bought me a fake tree. It’s 8 feet tall and very bushy, and looks very much like a real tree. I am so happy I could dance around it all day long. The only downside is it gives off an incredibly strong smell of plastic. I’m hoping this scent dissipates with time.

Christmas overall was a success, although Joe and I are convinced that we have some weird kind of bad Christmas Karma. We went to Gloria’s, here is the little guy with his grandmother and great grandparents. (Oh yeah, and us)



And just us and the great grandparents


Notice they aren’t looking at the camera. No one can take their eyes off Jack. He’s like a magnet.

We got home Christmas Eve after dinner at Gloria’s and our heat was broken. Arizona isn’t typically very cold, but it did get down to 37 degrees that night. We lit the fire, wrapped the baby up as much as possible and toughed it out. Everything was fine until about 7 a.m. when the fire alarms started going off – I guess they didn’t approve of the fire being lit all night. I have never heard something so loud in all my life. Jack slept through the racket – he didn’t even open his eyes when I picked him up.

So we opened gifts and got ready for church. Now, I’ve taken Jack to parties, knitting group, shopping, out and about everywhere. He is always very well behaved, usually sleeping through anything with lots of noise. Of course this was not the case in church. About half way through he started screaming bloody murder and we had to leave. Joe thinks he has issue with Papal Doctrine. I think he might be Presbyterian. Either way, we did not make it through Mass.

On the way to Gloria’s we stopped at bought a space heater. This is going to have to get us through tonight as well, since all of the heating companies seem to be too busy to come out and fix our problem.

I am relieved it is December 26th. I feel like the pressure has been lifted and we can get back to life as normal. I think the festivities were a little much for Jack. He’s passed out cold right now and probably will be the rest of the day. Three days of celebrating is a lot.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?