Thursday, December 23, 2004

And the Award Goes To......

Julie Clark wins Mother of the Year 2004. I spoke with her last night on the phone about how Mac is doing. Let’s just say the child will be ready for Pop Warner Football this spring. I think he may have doubled his birth weight in 6 weeks. Okay, that’s a little bit of an exaggeration, but the kid is big. And he’s eating a lot to support his continuous growth spurt. I will spare you the details, but let me just say that a weaker soul would have thrown in the breastfeeding burp cloth long ago. If you see Julie (which you probably won’t, she’s constantly feeding the kid and can’t really leave the house), please pat her on the back and buy her something to eat.

Now that the stress of trying to be mother of the year is off my shoulders, I can show you these pictures of the boy last night. Sometimes I make him wait to eat and he gets very angry:



so his father has to step in and comfort him:



I’m not talking hours here – more like 1.5 minutes while I wash my hands, get a drink of water, or go to the restroom. He just can’t bear to wait for food. Poor guy.

Today is cookie party at my mom’s house. I know several people will want to hold him, I just hope no one is sick. Apparently I have the reputation of not letting anyone touch the baby, which is just fine with me. The only way babies get sick is by people touching them with their germy hands or kissing them with their germy mouths. There is no way I’m going to risk having him get a cold or the flu just so some random person can touch or hold the kid. They will just have to wait a bit until he is bigger.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?