Wednesday, November 10, 2004

One more week

We're off to the doctor this afternoon, but I'm guessing he has no news for us. I don't feel any different, just extremely heavy. I lie around a lot and rest. I can easily tire myself out walking from one side of the house to the other. What is with these women who work up until they deliver? Are they crazy or what? I remember seeing Libby, a lawyer at Joe's firm, when she was 39 weeks pregnant and going in for a scheduled c-section (her baby was breech). She was wearing work clothes and looked completely normal. I complain if I have to get out of my sweatpants and into jeans!

Last night my feet swelled up like little hams for not apparent reason. Joe my wonderful husband rubbed them for a really long time. The swelling went down thankfully, and they certainly don't hurt as much today. I have to ask him to carry the laundry outside for me again. I know it doesn't look heavy, but it's just too unwieldy for my waddling self. Maybe I'll wait until tonight.

Julie is doing better, although she's still very tired. I think she and Mac will go home today. It was funny to see her with a baby. This person I've known since I was five is now somebody's mother.

I'll post a quick update after the doctor's appointment.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?