Thursday, November 18, 2004

Due Date

Today is the official due date, and since only 15% of babies arrive when they are due, the odds are against us. I recently read a statistic that said the average delivery of a first baby is 41.7 weeks in fact, so we may still have a long wait ahead of us. It makes me wonder why my doctor is saying 41 weeks is the absolute latest it is safe – I don't think he's telling the entire truth. We're going on Monday to have a fetal stress test and check my amniotic fluid to make sure the baby is okay. The thing is, I know the baby is okay – he feels fine, he moves a lot, he hasn't had a single problem this entire time. He's just not ready yet.

Yesterday Joe's office had a surprise mini-shower for us. They called me a few days before and asked if I could come, so I left right after he did and showed up in a conference room where they were meeting. I have never really seen Joe frazzled – he's a pretty even-keeled guy – but when he walked in and I was there he was shocked. They had presents and food and everything. I wish I had taken a picture of his face.

To keep myself busy today I'm going to have lunch with Parley and maybe go to Target. I would like to see a movie but I don't know if I can sit still for that long. It is very difficult to keep me entertained these days – I don't have much of an attention span, I can't walk very far, and I'm not the most pleasant person to be around. Limits my options a bit.



Comments:
It's nice to hear that there are some attorneys that actually have feelings and sensitivity towards others!

Keep toasting that egg. I'm betting on next Tuesday, Anne is betting on Saturday.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?