Monday, November 22, 2004

Dr. Appointment/Induction date

Well, we went to the doctor and I have not progressed at all. Not even one measly little centimeter.

My induction is scheduled for Saturday afternoon, meaning the baby will be here sometime Sunday most likely.

The doctor grilled me a little bit about why I am opposed to inducing. I can see the point of it if it's medically necessary, but my baby is doing fine and has a strong heartbeat and plenty of fluid. There is no danger to him or me, and I don't see the point in rushing labor. Induction is more painful and takes longer to recover from than a normal birth. That is certainly not something I want.

I am trying not to get discouraged. I am still hoping Jack will come on his own.

Comments:
Jack will be here tomorrow. Trust me. We had a little discussion, via email of course, about arrival times and optimization of entry into this world. He felt that to best achieve a "Krameresk" arrival, it must be made when all the guests are at the party.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?